Northwestern University, Illinois. M.S. Predictive Analytics (est. June 2018)
San Diego State University, California. M.S. Business Administration & Information Systems
National University, California. B.S. Business Administration & Finance
CME Group. Senior Director OTC Energy & Metal Valuations. New York, New York. February 2015 -
- Responsible for working with business sponsor on creating solutions to internal and external customer needs at enterprise level solutions.
- Current project is focused on becoming a sales focused enterprise by improving our customer business intelligence. Primary focus is on Master Data Management by leveraging Infomatica cloud based solutions to create multidimensional relationship structures and external data from Oracle, Linkedin, and Marketo into salesforce.com.
- Leverage LeanUX and Minimal Viable Product (MVP) methods to deliver products and services rapidly including a completely new future option pricing product to replace 4 aging products.
- Crafted visualization techniques in Tableau for requirements validation, customer proving, and ultimate prototyping to ensure that solutions are aligned to customers needs.
- Leading new approachs by using Python, R and Spark to perform analysis on data to support require- ments, development approaches and when needed prototype computational routines for validation
CME Group. Senior Director OTC Energy & Metal Valuations. New York, New York. December 2010 - February 2015
- Responsible for team of financial engineers tasked with the daily valuation of all energy and metal products traded on the NYMEX, COMEX, CME Clearing Europe, and DME exchanges.
- Constantly evolving the team into using the latest tools, technology, and approaches in valuations including big data approaches, data visualization and automation.
- Implemented Tableau Data Visualization software throughout department
- Implemented several predictive models for end of day OTC Energy valuation, product profitability pre- dictions, and other proprietary approaches using Python, Hadoop, R, and other data tools.
- Responsible for ensuring that valuation approaches are compliant with various government regulators including the CFTC, DFSA, and Bank of England.
- Responsible for the removal of Excel from daily work flow including the implementation of a large project to automate all pricing within 2 years.
- Team increased daily valuations by 500% since joining in 2010. Current daily valuations are 350,000 contracts.
- Held prior roles of Director and Associate Director in same department.
- Winner of 2014 Innovation Challenge at CME as voted by the Senior Leadership Team and all CME Employees.
CME Group. Senior Program Manager. Chicago, IL and London, GB. May 2008 - December 2010
- Responsible for delivery of key enterprise business and technology programs across multiple business and technology divisions
- Responsible for the coordination of our legal, business, and technology teams for the Financial Services Authority (FSA) Registered Clearing House designation for CME Europe Clearing.
- Coordinated and ensured successful delivery of major CME and NYMEX merger activities to capture merger related synergies. Oversaw all aspects of the Global Operations division integration includ- ing NYMEX trading floor consolidation, price reporting and wallboard migration to Tandem system, Trading floor fee changes, monthly membership notices, and ITC feed migration.
- Delivered entire 1 year merger project on original timeline, under budget and with no change controls.
TradeStation Securities. Product Manager. Ft Lauderdale, FL. May 2005- May 2008
- Worked with C levels, developers, QA, and clients to create award winning and industry leading software products.
- Requirement gathering, analysis, execution path and final user acceptance testing for high speed equity, future, option and forex trading platform.
- Developed advanced charting functionality such as Kagi, Renko, and Three Line Break.
TDWaterhouse / TDAmeritrade. Solutions Consultant. San Diego, CA. February 2000 - June 2008
- Technology Consultant to current and prospect institutional investors in Pacific Region.
- Provided in office training, integration and integration of various software.
- March to July 2004 closed three large accounts worth over $150 Million in assets.
- Held various other roles prior including equity trading platform Product Manager and Supervisor of Technology Support Services.
Pricing Theories: Futures, OTC Energy and Metal Swaps, Options, Forwards
Computing Languages: Python, R, Matlab
Protocols & APIs: JSON, SOAP, REST
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Hadoop/Hive, MongoDB, Redis
Tools: Tableau, LaTex, Toad, Git, MS Office
Publications and Presentations
Supporting Mission Critical Risk Management. http://tinyurl.com/awaltersprezi. March 2014.
A Comparison of Knowledge Requirements for Operating Hacker and Security Tools. IS One World Conference Las Vegas 2003.
Small and Medium Enterprises and Knowledge Requirements for Operating Hacker and Security Tools. Information Resources Management Association 2004 Best Paper Award.